RULES OF COMPETITION AYSO AREA 1B/1U
These games will be conducted in accordance with the current F.I.F.A. Laws of the game, under A.Y.S.O. National Rules and Regulations; Section one Rules and Regulations; Area 1U guidelines (Area 1B guidelines for Area 1B teams) and the following:
A. All team members will be uniformed in the same regulation color/style jersey, shorts, and socks.
Jerseys must have jersey numbers that are unique to each player and as listed on the game card/time sheet.
B. Shin guards must be worn, completely under the issued uniform sock
C. Metal braces, studs, earrings, hair ornaments and any other hard or metal jewelry or other objects are not allowed.
D.If any player is found to be in improper uniform, it must be corrected at this time or the offending player(s) may not be allowed to play.
E. The team listed first on the schedule will be considered the home team. In case of conflicting colors, home team shall change jerseys or wear scrimmage vests provided by the region hosting the game.
A. Official AYSO Roster required for all games.
B. Maximum Roster size 18 (22 with written permission of Area Director. Permission must be requested by Regional Commissioner, listing each team, before the second week of August
C. 11v 11
A. All Games:
1. Game Length
a. Under 19 – Two (2) 45 minute halves
b. Under 16 – Two (2) 40 minute halves
a. May occur at any stoppage of play at the discretion and permission of the referee.
b. Cautioned player may be substituted at the time the caution is issued.
c. No substitution for ejected player
B. League Games:
1. Games will start the Monday before Labor Day
2. No coin toss. Home team picks side to defend first, and visiting team kicks off first.
3. Home team will provide game ball. Both teams will provide a back-up ball to be placed behind goal line next to goal.
4. Games may end in a tie. Running clock, no stoppage time added.
5. All games will have scores recorded and standings kept.
6. Standings will be determined by the following point system:
Win – 3 points
Tie – 1 points
Loss – 0 points
7. If a team plays a match using a suspended or other ineligible player, the match shall be deemed a forfeit.
8. If a game is canceled due to unforeseen circumstances and it is unable to be rescheduled, as determined by the Area Directors or designee, the total points of the teams involved will be adjusted by a multiplier
- Games shall be played as scheduled unless postponed/canceled by the Area Director or postponed due to weather or field conditions by the referee or host site Regional Commissioner.
- It shall be mandatory to play a scheduled game. Failure to do so could result in disciplinary action against the coach or team.
- Games postponed due to weather or field conditions, it is the hosting Region’s RC’s responsibility to inform:
a. Regional Commissioner of visiting Region in a timely manner so he/she may advise his/her teams.
b. Referee Administrator of host site.
c. Area Director and/or Area Coordinator.
- GRACE PERIOD/MINIMUM PLAYERS
a. A minimum of seven (7) players shall constitute a team; a scheduled game shall not commence nor be continued if one or both teams cannot field seven eligible players.
b. A grace period of 15 minutes shall be allowed by the referee in charge of the game, this period to commence at the scheduled kickoff time for the game or when the field becomes available, after which the referee will cancel the game if one or both teams are not ready to play. If game cannot commence because one team does not have enough players, it will be ruled a forfeit
c. The forfeiting team shall lose by a score of 1-0.
d. In the event of a late start the referee will equally shorten both halves of the match to accommodate the start of the next match.
a. Cautions: Though not required, it is strongly recommended that the coach or acting coach substitute any player receiving a caution.
b. A Team member, coach or assistant coach sent-off or ejected for other than violent conduct, before during or after a game, including a send-off for receiving a second caution in the same match, shall be suspended from all participation in the current and next scheduled played match.
c. A Team member, coach or assistant coach sent off for violent conduct shall be suspended from all participation for two (2) of the next scheduled played games and may be subject to further action pending review by the player’s Region and/or Area Board. Anyone who falls under this category may not be eligible to participate, or continue to participate, in the Area 1B or1U Playoffs.
d. Any player or coach who is sent off (red card) or ejected for fighting during the regular regional season, regional playoffs or area league play, or area playoffs will be suspended for 4 games and will be ineligible to participate, or continue to participate, in the area playoffs, or the Section playoffs
e. For each subsequent red card/ejection received by a player there will be an additional game suspension.
f. If at any time a fight breaks out on the field, ALL of the players and substitutes are instructed to IMMEDIATELY go to their sideline and remain there. Players or substitutes who fail to do so may be suspended for one or more games
g. A player who has been sent off shall be required to take his/her jersey off or cover it and sit behind the team so as to prevent disharmony until the end of the game. The Coach or acting Coach shall ensure that a player who has been sent off participates no further, whether by word or action, including the end of the game handshake
h. A Coach, assistant Coach, or acting Coach who has been expelled must leave the vicinity of the field of play. The referee shall not allow a match to start or continue without a team’s properly credential Coach, Assistant Coach, or acting Coach in attendance.
i. Suspensions shall be served in the next scheduled played match(es) including, if applicable, Area or Section playoffs. All disciplinary suspensions are in full force and effect until fully served.
j. A suspended Coach may not attend any match he/she is suspended from.
k. It shall be the responsibility of the Coach, or acting Coach to ensure that any suspension is served regardless of whether the referee fails to note it on the line-up card or write up a match report in a timely matter. A Coach violating this provision shall be suspended for the next scheduled played match.
l. Additional Disciplinary Action
- Any player, coach, or assistant coach involved in violent conduct, offensive, insulting or abusive language, dissent or unsporting behavior or gestures before or after the match may suspended by the Area Director and subject to additional disciplinary action based on further review by the Area Review Board. Area 1U Board Members and Regional Commissioners have the authority to act as necessary to forestall or diffuse potentially difficult situations.
- A Coach who withdraws his/her team from a match in progress without consent of the referee will be subject to further review.
- A team member consistently exhibiting disregard for the laws of the game by accumulating, three or more cautions (i.e. unsporting behavior, persistent infringement, etc.) during league play (including, if applicable, playoff competition and year-end Area 1B or 1U Playoff) may be subject to suspension from participation in the next scheduled played match.
- RESCHEDULING GAMES
Once schedules are posted, reschedules, other than for cancelations due to field closure, will only be considered if the following occurs before the originally scheduled game date:
a . Approval of the Regional Commissioners of teams involved,
b. Both coaches are in agreement. The opposing team has the right to refuse the rescheduling of the game.
c. The region whose team is requesting the change must provide site, field set-up, and referees (at the option of the opposing team)
d. Area Director(s) and Regional Commissioners of teams involved must be kept informed of every step.
7. If a game is terminated prior to completion, the outcome/standings shall be determined by Area Directors, or designees.
8. ARTIFICIAL NOISEMAKERS, of ANY kind shall not be allowed. Electronic devices used to communicate between the players and the coaches or spectators shall not be allowed
9. No Smoking will be allowed at the fields.
10. No animals of any kind are allowed at the fields, except for service animals.
PLAYOFFS: Each Area will hold separate playoffs.